Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Anthony Bourdain's Rust Belt adventures.

Last year I went to Cleveland for the first time. It was a work related trip so I wasn't expecting much in the way of food. However, after Anthony Bourdain showcased "the New American City" on No Reservations, I was hopeful. Unfortunately my hopes were dashed when my exposure to outside work sponsored events was limited. Most of the time we had an option of chicken, hamburgers, more chicken, hot dogs, and even more chicken. My body has never been the same. One bright spot was a visit to Michael Symon's Lolita in the Tremont area. Delicious food in a nice atmosphere with a few nearby spots for an after dinner cocktail . Next week Tony visits "the Rust Belt" featuring Baltimore, Buffalo and Detroit. I've experienced great food in Baltimore and I am curious as to what the others have to offer. Buffalo wings anyone?



Catch new episodes of No Reservations on the Travel Channel, Mondays at 10pm.

Related:
Travel Michigan a major sponsor of 2009?

No comments: